All Comments, suggestions for new features, bug report etc. are welcome.
Please send them to the project
This is a list of the improvements to version 1.0.1 which have been suggested so far.
Graphical User Interface
- Some of the logic of fpwdman could be cleaned up.
for example, brtDialog is a useful class.
so is the pattern of startXXXdialog(), useXXXdialog().
I need to make sure that it can handle things such as
the interruption to gather entropy.
- Auto completion in web-sites' userid/password dialogs,
in email, etc? Norton Password Manager 2004 claims to do that,
but it is not clear how to make it work in a clean,
- The location of the password file most recently used
could be stored in the file chooser preferences.
- Define file formats and design/implement code to use
different SBC parameters.
- The I/O format should be extended to include the
major and minor format numbers, and SBC parameters.
That makes 8 unsigned long integers:
that makes 6*1 + 2 * 4 = 14 char,
I can convert files by exporting to text,
then importing. For non-savvy users, this may be a problem:
Export to text with the old code, then import with the new code.
- format major (short int), format minor (short int),
- blocksize (long int), keysize (long int),
- mixer (short int), rounds (short int),
- permuter (short int), perm interval (in rounds,short int)
- Those two integers at the start of the
password file should be eliminated. Merge them
into the radix-64 string?